Sunday, May 3, 2009

At this rate I won't be able to finish anything...

I never realized what slow a writer I am. I've been writing for 5 hours and I have 2 pages.

Now, admittedly, I was also sort of watching TV, took a couple of snack breaks and briefly helped my son with his homework but still I should have more than two pages.

When I look back at work writing I was equally as slow. It sometimes would take me an hour to write a fairly straightforward e-mail. What I've realized is that whenever I am concerned about the final product being polished and professional it slows me down to a ridiculously slow crawl.

Right now I am sitting at the dining room table. I'm hoping that sitting up properly will help me write faster than the lounging all over the sofas that I normally do.


No comments:

Post a Comment